DCIG is pleased to announce the release of the DCIG 2015-16 Midsize Enterprise Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide that weights, scores and ranks more than 90 features of twenty-seven (27) different storage arrays or array series from twelve (12) different storage providers.
Hybrid storage arrays promise to deliver the dramatic performance of all-flash storage arrays, but at a lower cost because hybrid storage uses both flash memory and hard disk drives. The “secret sauce” varies from vendor to vendor; but in every case, it involves sophisticated caching and/or automated storage tiering software.
Due to the large number of hybrid storage array products offered, DCIG segmented the products by maximum capacity. This Buyer’s Guide evaluates products which scale to <1 PB.
DCIG’s goal in preparing this guide is to evaluate, score and rank each solution based upon a comprehensive list of features that reflects the needs of the widest range of organizations. Scoring and ranking tables enable end users to do “at-a-glance” comparisons between many different array models; and our standardized data sheets facilitate side-by-side comparisons which enable organizations to quickly get to a short list of products that may meet their requirements.
These hybrid storage arrays are especially well-suited for midsize organizations as the arrays:
- Deliver performance and functionality at an attractive price when compared to traditional arrays
- Scale to a storage capacity suitable for many midsize organizations
- Provide simplified management interfaces to minimize installation and on-going administration costs
The DCIG 2015-16 Midsize Enterprise Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide Top 11 solutions include (in alphabetical order):
- HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200c
- iXsystems TrueNAS Z20
- iXsystems TrueNAS Z30
- NexGen N5-1000 Hybrid Flash Array
- NexGen N5-200 Hybrid Flash Array
- NexGen N5-300 Hybrid Flash Array
- NexGen N5-500 Hybrid Flash Array
- Tegile T3100
- Tegile T3200
- Tegile T3300
- Tegile T3400
The HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200c earned the Best-in-Class ranking among all Midsize Enterprise Hybrid Storage Arrays in this Buyer’s Guide. The StoreServ 7200c stood out by offering all of the following capabilities:
- The best balance of strengths across all the scoring categories
- Scored Excellent or betterin all scoring categories
About the DCIG 2015-16 Midsize Enterprise Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide
DCIG creates Buyer’s Guides in order to help end users accelerate the product research and selection process–driving cost out of the research process while simultaneously increasing confidence in the results.
The DCIG 2015-16 Midsize Enterprise Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide achieves the following objectives:
- Provides an objective, third party evaluation of products that evaluates and scores their features from an end user’s perspective
- Ranks each array in each scoring category and then presenting these results in an easy to understand table
- Provides a standardized data sheet for each of the arrays so users may do quick side-by-side comparisons of products
- Provides insights into what features the arrays offer to optimize integration into virtualized environments
- Provides insight into which features will result in improved performance
- Gives any organization a solid foundation for getting competitive bids from different providers that are based on “apples-to-apples” comparisons
The DCIG 2015-16 Midsize Enterprise Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide is available immediately to subscribing users of the DCIG Analysis Portal. All DCIG Buyer’s Guides are available for download at no charge to any end-user who registers for the DCIG Analysis Portal.