DCIG is pleased to announce the availability of its 2015-16 Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide that evaluates and ranks more than ninety (90) features of fifty-nine (59) hybrid storage arrays from eighteen (18) different providers.
DCIG defines a Hybrid Storage Array as a physical storage appliance that dynamically places data in a storage pool that combines flash memory and HDD storage resources (and in some cases NVRAM and/or DRAM) by intelligently caching data and metadata and/or by automatically moving data from one performance tier to another.
DCIG’s goal in preparing this guide is to evaluate and rank each solution based upon a comprehensive list of features that reflects the needs of the widest range of organizations. The Buyer’s Guide rankings enable “at-a-glance” comparisons between many different models, and its standardized data sheets facilitate side-by-side reviews to quickly enable organizations to examine products in greater detail.
The DCIG 2015-16 Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide covers models from the following storage providers (in alphabetical order):
- Dot Hill
- Imation Nexsan
- NexGen Storage
- Nimble Storage
- Winchester Systems
- X-IO Technologies
About the DCIG 2015-16 Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide
DCIG creates Buyer’s Guides in order to help end users accelerate the product research and selection process–driving cost out of the research process while simultaneously increasing confidence in the results.
The DCIG 2015-16 Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide achieves the following objectives:
- Provides an objective, third party evaluation of products that evaluates their features from an end user’s perspective
- Ranks each array in each ranking category
- Provides a standardized data sheet for each of the arrays so organizations may quickly do side-by-side product comparisons
- Provides insights into what features the arrays offer to optimize integration into virtualization environments
- Provides a solid foundation for getting competitive bids from different providers that are based on “apples-to-apples” comparisons
The DCIG 2015-16 Hybrid Storage Array Buyer’s Guide is available immediately to subscribing users of the DCIG Analysis Portal. Individuals who have not yet subscribed to the DCIG Analysis Portal may test drive the DCIG Analysis Portal as well as download this Guide by following this link.