DCIG is pleased to announce the availability of the DCIG 2016-17 High End Storage Array Buyer’s Guide developed from the enterprise storage array body of research. Other Buyer’s Guide Editions based on this body of research will be published in the coming weeks and months, including the 2016-17 Midrange Unified Storage Array Buyer’s Guide.
The DCIG 2016-17 High End Storage Array Buyer’s Guide weights, scores and ranks more than 100 features of fifteen (15) products from seven (7) different storage vendors. Using ranking categories of Best-in-Class, Recommended and Excellent, this Buyer’s Guide offers much of the information an organization should need to make a highly informed decision as to which high end storage array will suit their needs.
Each array included in the DCIG 2016-17 High End Storage Array Buyer’s Guide had to meet the following criteria:
• Be identified by the vendor as a high end storage array
• Support multiple controllers in an Active-Active configuration
• Be intended for the storage of production data (as opposed to archive or backup data)
• Provide synchronous replication for non-disruptive operations across two or more physical locations
• Have the ability to either scale-out or scale-up to at least 3 PB of raw capacity
• Provide sufficient information for DCIG to draw a meaningful conclusion
• Must be formally announced and/or generally available for purchase as of September 1, 2016
DCIG’s succinct analysis provides insight into the state of the high end storage array marketplace. The Buyer’s Guide identifies the specific benefits organizations can expect to achieve using a high end storage array and key features organizations should be aware of as they evaluate products. It also provides brief observations about the distinctive features of each product. Ranking tables enable organizations to get an “at-a-glance” overview of the products; while DCIG’s standardized one-page data sheets facilitate side-by-side comparisons assisting organizations to quickly create a short list of products that may meet their requirements.
End users registering to access this report via the DCIG Analysis Portal also gain access to the DCIG Interactive Buyer’s Guide (IBG). The IBG enables organizations take the next step in the product selection process by generating custom reports, including comprehensive side-by-side feature comparisons of the products in which the organization is most interested.